Sunday, March 30, 2008

Labor...or so we thought!

I awoke Friday at 2:30 AM with sweats, contractions, and intestinal cramps. After laying there for nearly two hours with worsening contractions, I decided to wake David up who insisted on timing the contractions for 30 minutes as instructed by my doctor. After having 6 long and hard contractions in 30 minutes, I decided to get up and get things ready to leave for the hospital and do some last minute cleaning. Surprisingly enough, the contractions weren't getting any worse once I started moving around as I thought they should have to be in true labor. Bummer! All day on Friday, I had strong contractions, but they weren't consistent enough to go to the hospital. So here we are, still waiting for this little one to arrive! I know, I know, I still have 2 1/2 weeks to go until my estimated due date, but I'm very anxious to meet our new little bundle of joy! (Not to mention, I've been at 2 cm and over 50% effaced since March 20th! I thought for sure I'd have this baby by now! Oh well, it's all in His perfect timing!)

I'll keep you posted with any new happenings!

No comments: