Thursday, October 2, 2008

Potty training blooper...

Just before laying Caleb down for his nap, I put him on the potty. He sat there, and of course I sat there with him, and no such luck. Then Hannah started crying in the other room, so I told Caleb to stay there while mommy went to get Hannah. Low and behold, while heading back into the bathroom to check on Caleb's progress, he meets me at the bathroom door, standing over a decent-sized puddle. I immediately scolded him and told him that he's supposed to pee on the potty and not on the floor. That's when he yelled at me, which resulted in me spanking him for yelling at me. When I went back into the bathroom to get his pants, I noticed that he had peed in his potty too! When I saw that, I realized that he probably came running to find me when he started peeing on the potty which result in the accident on the floor, which is why he yelled at me when I scolded him. I feel like such an awful mom at times...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how great that he did pee on the potty! That's great progress!

As moms, we do make mistakes. Fortunately, kids bounce back pretty easily. We don't know everything, but we do the best we can with what we do know. Our Lord will help smooth the edges of our mistakes, as long as we are sincerely trying and asking Him to help us every day. Caleb will keep making progress and learning every day. As time goes on and he learns more words, he will be able to communicate with you better, too, and that will help a lot. He's such a good boy.