Monday, March 2, 2009

A heavy heart

Lately, I've felt like such a failure...as a wife, as a mom, as a homemaker. The list could go on, but those are the things I strive to be the best at because they mean so much to me. These feelings arose when I reflected back on past circumstances...like when I should have spoke in a nicer manner to my husband, like when I shouldn't have hollered at Caleb, like when I should have swept the floors instead of putting if off until tomorrow. I know God doesn't want me feeling this way and I'm not a failure in His eyes. I've had this heavy burden on my heart that I just need more of Him and that's been my heart's cry all week. I've been singing this song over and over as my constant prayer and reminder that He's my strength and rock, and with Him, I'm not a failure. He's all I need to succeed at everything He's called me to do. I need You more than anything, Jesus...more of You and less of me.

I Need You More- Lindell Cooley
I need You more
More than yesterday
I need You Lord
More than words can say
I need You more
Than ever before
I need You Lord
I need You Lord

More than the air I breathe
More than the song I sing
More than the next heartbeat
More than anything
And Lord as time goes by
I'll be by Your side
Cause I never want to go back
To my old life

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot count the days I've felt just like you do. My best advice is to reach for grace at every moment, and remember what is the most important thing in the moment (example: the crying baby, or the spilled cereal? Which feels the need for you?)
Have you read Danica's blog lately? You are not alone. You are such a good mommy, believe me. You guys are doing a great job.

Jackie | One Redeemed Mom said...

It's so hard to keep a good perspective - especially when you don't see the progress. It's just more dishes, more crying, more diapers, etc. But you are making progress! Your lovely babies are learning and your husband understands. Take a minute to pray in those moments of breakdown, even ifits just a quick "God, help me." And try to build a wall of support around yourself, whether it be from church, family, small group, friends, wahtever. People that you can call and say "I'm losing it here, can you pray with me?"

These are all the things I didn't do and wish I had when my two older girls were toddlers. It's a hard season! But you're doing great and you are raising wonderful kids. I hope we see you tomorrow at Moms Cadre. We have 4 girls to babysit - plenty to help distract a sleepy toddler or a cranky baby! Judy Tomford is amazing and I'm sure her words will bless you.
Wow this is long. Call me if you need anything!