Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Landon's Story

Most of you don't know the entire story of our newest baby. His story begins long before we even dreamed of him. It begins on December 25, 2007, when actually, I was pregnant with Hannah! That very evening my dad asked my sister and I to come upstairs with him to his bedroom where he told us the horrific news that his doctor found a mass in his lung and they were suspecting cancer. I'll never forget that devastating night. Lo and behold, my dad passed away on August 17, 2008.
The following Christmas season was very dreary for me. I wasn't looking forward to it at all because just one year prior it was when we found out my dad was sick, and now, I had to celebrate my first Christmas without him. God intervened on my behalf. It was Christmas day 2008 that we discovered we were expecting again! Boy, did that ever change the dreary season for me! I was super excited and Christmas now had a different feeling...it wasn't a sad memory anymore, but a happy and exciting memory that replaced the old feeling I had just one year prior! There's more...I was due to have the baby at the beginning of September, right between my dad's death anniversary, August 17, and my dad's Birthday, September 18. Once again, we chose not to find out the gender of the baby. We picked out a girl's name, but still had "Landon Joseph" as our boy's name from when we first found out my dad was sick. ("Joseph" after my dad, Joseph Lashomb.)
I was 41+1 weeks pregnant when my water broke on September 17, and finally, after a few obstacles we stumbled upon throughout labor, Landon, was born via emergency C-Section on September 18...yes, my dad's Birthday!!! How exciting it was that we had a baby boy who was to be named after my dad, but just so happened to be born on my dad's Birthday as well!!! God is so good! The story doesn't end here.
When we arrived home after our hospital stay, there was a congratulations card in the mailbox from my grandfather, whom I hadn't spoken to since shortly after my dad's passing. Needless to say, my grandfather and I are now on speaking terms again, all because of the miracle of Landon.
I don't believe in irony or coincidence. I believe all things happen for a reason in God's perfect timing. God blessed me with Landon to heal my broken heart and boy, did he ever! All three of my children are very special to me, each in their own way. They all hold a very dear place in my heart; Landon holds my broken heart in one piece!:)

No comments: