Friday, August 24, 2007

The Determination of a Child

It's amazing how determined children can be when they want something. Caleb is VERY determined...he's sneaky about it too! He'll be sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor, eye the drawer that he just LOVES to play in, start crawling towards it, stop to make sure you're watching him, do something cute to REALLY catch your attention, and then dart toward that drawer! He KNOWS he's not supposed to be in the drawer, which is why he looks right at you as he opens it, but he goes for it anyway! When he has his mind set on something, he goes after it until he succeeds! If only we had that same focus when it comes to pleasing the Lord and doing what he commands us to do in our daily lives. Instead, we tend to get side-tracked and busy with our everyday routine and put God on the back-burner for the time being. (I'm speaking for myself as well, just so you know.) It's easy to lose sight of what we should be doing. The next time I find myself losing focus, I'll keep this picture of my son in the back of my mind and strive for this same determination!

1 comment:

Heather Dowling said...

It really is amazing to sin the sin and disobedience in such a little person, so early. Thankfully we serve a merciful God. Can't wait to see you guys sometime soon!