Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Things You Learn During a Power Outage...

Yesterday, I learned how badly I take advantage of having electricity. Even after knowing the power was out, I would habitually walk into a room and flick on the light switch...I mean, come on! Caleb learned (at least I hope so) that he can survive an entire day without watching his favorite Elmo's World video. Then again, he got his Sesame Street fix last night at Grandma and Grandpa's house after watching the same video a half a dozen times! OK, so maybe it was only 3 or 4 times but who's counting anyway!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was fun! (But, Grandpa was happy to have his TV back the next day.)

If you think it's bad living in town without power--try living in the country. No water (the pump is electric), which leads to no toilet, electric stove means no cooking, and sump pump doesn't work, either.

Yeah, I'm glad we live in town. We have it easy here.